All of the appointments for AARP Tax Help this year are full. This is the only FREE tax preparation help in our area.
The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program is offered free to low and moderate-income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. You must register by calling the number listed below for the site you want to use. Appointments and masks are required. No walk-in service.
Please bring the following items:
- Copy of your previous year's tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.) showing interest and/or dividends as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- If you were paid Social Security benefits, bring your SSA-1099
- If you received a pension or annuity, bring your 1099R
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- If applicable, unemployment compensation statements
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
- If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents