The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program is offered free to low and moderate-income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Help is given on a first-come, first-served basis, unless otherwise noted.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all in-person sessions have been canceled. You can file online for free here - IRS/AARP Tax-Aide.
Please bring the following items:
- Copy of your previous year's tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.) showing interest and/or dividends as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- If you were paid Social Security benefits, bring your SSA-1099
- If you received a pension or annuity, bring your 1099R
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- If applicable, unemployment compensation statements
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
- If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents